21 Mar COVID-19 Update
The company “FHL I. KIRIAKIDIS MARBLES & GRANITES S.A.”, with a sense of responsibility towards its employees, associates, customers as well as the entire community, took all necessary safety measures, in order to protect and restrict the spread of the coronavirus COVID-19. All measures taken are in accordance with the instructions and recommendations of the competent institutions (Health Ministry, Ε.Ο.Δ.Υ, Γ.Γ.Π.Π. Ministry of Labor etc.), with its specific provisions Π.Ν.Π. 11/3/2020 and with the set of regulations of the current legislation on health and safety at work. Examples include the following:
- Information of all employees by the company’s doctor about the risk of a coronavirus infection and which preventive and protective measures have to be taken, as well as the provision of personal hygiene recommendations and guidelines of the proper usage of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Posting of the Ministry of Health guidelines for protection against coronavirus at the entrances and exits of the company’s premises, as well as in prominent public spaces within the facilities.
- Provision of PPE (masks, gloves, etc.) to the employees for use on a case-by-case basis (e.g. mandatory use of masks throughout the transport of employees from or to the premises (factory, quarries etc.) by means of public transport (bus).
- Placing of antiseptic solutions at the entrances and exits of the facilities, public areas, workplaces and public buses used by the company to move its employees to and from their workplaces.
- Disposable wet soaps and disposable paper towels on all toilets.
- Installation of special wastage bins to dispose the used PPE, hand towels and generally equipment used for personal hygiene and disinfection of surfaces and or objects.
- Controlled access to the Company’s premises (thermometry, use of antiseptic solution etc.).
- Redesign of communal areas where a large number of employees are concentrated (eg dining areas), in order to reduce the concentration of people in these specific areas and to meet the criterion of safety distance.
- Increase of the number of public transport vehicles used by the company to move employees to and from their workplaces, so that the fullness of each vehicle is limited to 50% of the allowance provided by its relevant license.
- Intensified cleaning of public areas, workplaces and surfaces, vehicles, machinery, tools, appliances and other objects used. Disinfection.
- Set up of a special isolation room in case of an employee showing symptoms during the working hours and until the company’s doctor is informed and has given instructions. There is a company owned ambulance available, properly equipped and staffed, to transport the employee.
- Introduction of remote labor provisioning for those employees where it is both, organizational and technically feasible.
- Provision of Special purpose vacation to those employees who have applied for it (or are applying for) and meet the requirements of the law.
- Carry out of remote meetings (eg teleconferencing), postponement of scheduled third party visits (clients, partners, etc.) in particular from abroad and postponement of scheduled trips of company executives to the abroad.
In the shadow of the new coronavirus, the company monitors and evaluates new data on a daily basis and, in cooperation with the appropriate authorities (such as company’s doctor and safety technician), reviews and updates protection measures.